First off, I want to say thanks to Danie for letting me contribute a guest post on her lovely blog! I had a lot of fun writing this piece.
My name is Drew Goldberg, and I run the travel blog called The Hungry Partier – which is where I document my adventures and experiences through 74 countries.
Here’s a little more background information on myself
I originally caught the travel bug when I studied abroad in Prague in 2012 during my 3rd year at University. I traveled to some 20 countries that semester and that was when I knew I wasn’t going to stop traveling.
Immediately after I graduated college, I moved to Korea to teach English. I lived there for 18 months, and had an incredible time that I wouldn’t trade back for anything. During my time in Korea, I visited some 25+ Asian countries, made hundreds of new friends, became a black belt in Taekwondo, and became nearly fluent in speaking Korean.
I’m currently writing this from a coffee shop in Kiev, Ukraine. And after visiting 74 countries since 2012, I’ve had many great experiences that I will never forget. Some of my all-time favorite experiences I’ve had over the years were trekking 70 kilometers in Myanmar, scuba diving in the Philippines, hiking the Great Wall of China, riding a camel at the Pyramids of Giza, and taking a hot air balloon ride in Cappadocia, Turkey.
In the remainder of this post, I’m going to talk about 7 of my future dream trips that I am planning to take over the next decade!
1. Great Barrier Reef – I recently got SCUBA certified, and I would love to explore life under the sea at one of the most famous underwater places in the world! The only problem is that Australia is one of the most expensive countries to visit, so it’s going to take a bit of saving to get there.
2. South America – I have never stepped foot on the South American continent, and I’m planning a 3-month backpacking adventure there in the summer of 2016. I would like to visit Colombia, Peru, Educator, Chile, Argentina, and Brazil. I can’t wait until the moment when I first lay eyes on Machu Picchu.
3. African Safari – The only time I visited Africa was when I was in Egypt – but that hardly counts because Egyptian culture is more closely related to the Middle East. I have a dream to go on a safari in Kenya, Tanzania, and Ethiopia!
4. Siberian Railroad – I was recently told that there is a railroad that goes across Russia, from East to West. For a convincing price, you can go on a one-month railroad journey across the vast land of Siberia. I am already learning Russian as we speak, and I’m dying to visit Russia so this is right up my alley!
5. North Korea – I lived in South Korea for 18 months and I can speak conversational Korean. I understand Korean culture very well, and I would love to make a visit up to the North. Who isn’t curious to see what life is actually like up there, and not what the media portrays it out to be?
6. Oceanic Islands – Many of these tiny island countries are hard to access, and that’s exactly what makes them so attractive for me to visit. I’m talking about Vanuatu, Nauru, Kiribati, and Tonga. Hopefully soon!
7. Iran – When I was in Belarus last week, I met an Iranian guy in my hostel and we became close friends. He told me all about his country and culture, and I didn’t realize how much safer it is than it seems! I am planning to get here in 2017.
So that’s about it – my top 7 dream trips! Thanks for reading, and please comment with any suggestions for my travels!